PARADISE COUNTRY AND SWING DANCE FESTIVAL CONTEST RULES
In order to compete in any competition you must:
WSDC and West Coast Swing Competitions:
Contestants may only compete in one Jack & Jill skill level division (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, All Star/Champion). Masters Division (age division; 50+) competitors may also compete in their leveled division. Jack & Jill competitors will compete in their appropriate division according to the WSDC point registry:
Forms are available at the registration desk if a competitor wishes to move up divisions.
The All-American Jack & Jill is open to anyone regardless of age or skill level. Contestants can only enter
as a Leader or Follower, but not both.
contestants must compete in the division of their highest leveled dancer. You may dance as a leader or follower but may not dance both roles within different divisions. Masters (age level; 50+) dancers may dance in both their level (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, All Star/Champion) and age level, with different partners. Partners competing in choreographed divisions (Rising Star) must dance Strictly Swing with different partners.
Rising Star Tour
Country Two Step Tour
A waiver form that must be read and signed is at the registration desk when you check in. If under 18 years of age, then a parent or guardian must sign the waiver form.
Changes to the Rules
The Event Director, the Contest Coordinator and Chief Judge reserve the right to modify these rules as deemed necessary..
CODE OF CONDUCT
In an effort to make Paradise Country and Swing Dance Festival a safe and fun event for everyone, we have a Code of Conduct that all attendees and participants are required to observe, agree to, and follow.
It is pretty simple and straightforward, and it essentially based on treating your fellow attendees, our staff and event team, and the hotel staff with consideration, mutual respect, and appreciation.
Here are some things to remember when at the event:
· Be respectful of those you interact with, both on and off the dance floor.
· Respect the boundaries of the person you are dancing with. If you are unsure, ask!
· Avoid teaching on the dance floor, unless it is welcomed and/or requested.
· If someone declines your invitation to dance, respect their decision.
· Paradise Country and Swing Dance Festival is for everyone regardless of race, age, dance ability, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity, disability, physical appearance, religion, etc. Please treat everyone with courtesy, value, and show them the same consideration you would want for yourself.
· If you experience unsafe or disrespectful behavior, please seek out a Paradise staff member to make us aware of the situation and for help. We are so happy to have you here and with your help, we can ensure that this is an event that everyone can enjoy.
· Entry, participation, and access to event space and activities will be in accordance with the pass that each individual purchases. No one will be allowed to enter or participate without an appropriate pass.
· Attendees are required to abide by, adhere to, comply with and conduct themselves in accordance with all Hotel policies.
Any violation of the Code of Conduct will result in consequences and appropriate disciplinary action being taken. Depending on the severity of any unacceptable actions, this may include something as simple as discussing an incident or behavior in an effort to rectify and resolve a situation or more extreme measures up to and including expulsion from the event as well as being banned from attending future events.
In the event of a situation, please contact either Ronnie DeBenedetta, Steven Bennett or any staff member. We have a zero tolerance policy to this.
This abbreviated Code of Conduct is inspired by and based on the Code of Conduct adopted by Dance Jam Productions (DJP), Inc.
Thanks to Dave Moldover, Kay Newhouse and the DJP Team/Organization for both their work and efforts that went into the development of it and for giving us permission to use and adapt it at Paradise Country and Swing Dance Festival.
Copyright © 2022 Paradise Swing and Country Dance Festival - All Rights Reserved.